Category: Community

Twas the night before Knee Knacker…

With all of 15 hours to go before KKNSTR 2011 start, I wanted to take a minute to share my sincere thanks to all of the volunteers who work to make this run possible, to our great community sponsors, and to all of our runners who take on this adventure....

Knee Knacker First Ever Snow Report

Those of you who have been training on the upper reaches of the the Baden-Powell…or live within the visual corridor of the North Shore mountains…or aren’t living in cave (then again…)…have probably been fretting over the unusual trail conditions attributed to this year’s snow pack.

She saw…

June 19 training run photos by Karen Chow.

I said…

[June 12 training run report by Glenn. Patricia was off on a family day.] “It’s a battle of Calories.” – Karl Jensen, ultrarunner/guru A perfect day for trail running with 70 of my best-est under-dressed friends!!! The sun was coming out, the trails were relatively dry, & there would be the...

He said…

[June 5 training run report] Finally…this is the type of weather that  defines (in my mind) what these Knee Knacker training runs are all about….warm weather,  sunshine, & a (mostly) dry trail!

She said…

[June 5 training run report] Sun. Blue sky. Warmth…. This is what  greeted about 70 runners last Sunday at the Grouse Mountain parking lot. “Normal” running clothes were seen today. Gone were the hats, long sleeves, tights and jackets that we have seen for the last few months…. Replaced with...