Update, March 22 2020:
Hi Knee Knacker Community. As you would expect, group training runs are on hold at this time. Please make good decisions to stay physically (not socially) distant and take good care.
- Sunday training runs are coordinated by Glenn Pacé and occasionally by other race committee members.
- There will likely be runners in a variety of pace groups on each run.
- All runs are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances such as a high snowpack, construction, special events, etc.
- Please check the website or our Facebook group page on the morning of the run for last minute updates.
- Use the Feedback Form to send questions to the training run coordinator.
|Date||Route Name||Meeting Place||Meeting Time||Run Time (hours)||Distance (km)||Elevation Gain (meters)||Info|
|May 05||Grouse to Mtn. Hwy. return||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am||2-3||13||800||Map and info|
|May 12||Grouse to LSCR gazebo return||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am||3-4||19||1050||Map and info|
|May 19||Grouse to Mtn. Hwy. up to Grouse Mtn.||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am||3-4||21||1200||Map and info|
|May 26||Cleveland Dam to Hollyburn Mtn. return||Cleveland Dam||8:00 am||3-4||23||1300||Map and info|
|Jun 02||Last half (Cleveland Dam to Deep Cove)||Cove Cliff Elementary School in Deep Cove||7:30 am||3-4||23.5||1150||Map and info|
|Jun 09||Deep Cove to Mtn. Hwy. return||Cove Cliff Elementary School in Deep Cove||7:30 am||4-6||32||1500||Map and info|
|Jun 16||Cypress Cross Country ticket booth to Deep Cove||Cove Cliff Elementary School in Deep Cove||7:30 am||4-6||32||1250||Map and info|
|Jun 23||First three-quarters (Nelson Canyon Park to Lynn Canyon)||Lynn Canyon Park (gravel lot to left of the park's gate)||7:30 am||4-7||34||2000||Map and info|
|Jun 30||First half (Nelson Canyon Park to Cleveland Dam)||Cleveland Dam||7:30 am||3-4||22||1400||Map and info|
|July 07||Last quarter (Lynn Canyon to Deep Cove)||Cove Cliff Elementary School in Deep Cove||7:30 am||2-3||12||550||Map and info|
|July 13||Race day||Nelson Canyon Park||6:00 am||4:32-10||48||2450||Map|
What to bring
- 2 water bottles minimum! Fanny packs or hand held bottles are the usual
- Food-energy bars, energy gels, bagels, candy, etc.
- Optimistic attitude, trail fit bodies and a sense of direction
- Change of clothes
- Money for cab or treat (for the training coordinators)
- Cleveland Dam – On the left going up Nancy Green Way, just past the Cleveland Dam Fish Hatchery.
- Cove Cliff Elementary School in Deep Cove
- Grouse Mtn. – Top of Nancy Green Way in North Vancouver.
Meet in the lower Grouse Mtn. parking lot.
- Lynn Canyon Park – Lynn Canyon Park’s gravel parking lot to the left of the park’s gate.
Park is off Lynn Canyon Road in North Vancouver. Look for the signs on the right.
- Nelson Canyon Park – Nelson Canyon Park and Whyte Lake trailhead (race start line).