Race day photos of the 2014 Knee Knacker volunteers
Dennis Marchant (Knee Knacker Volunteer Coordinator) compiled these volunteer statistics for the 2014 race:
- 209 course volunteers between the start line and the finish line
- 20+ North Shore Rescue team members
- 21 (or more!) volunteers at the post-race banquet
- 10 volunteers at the Thursday and Friday package pick-ups
Total: 260 volunteers for 200 runners.
Here is our last set of Race Day photos taken by the photography crew. It’s a photo gallery of some of the 260 Knee Knacker volunteers as they:
- Served water with utmost elegance in a black tie experience on Black Mountain;
- Dressed for a tropical atmosphere at Cleveland Dam;
- Gave the full red-carpet treatment at LSCR Aid Station with a stylish affair replete with a real red carpet, hors d’ouevres, amuses bouches and other treats;
- Brought in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to give cold sponge downs to overheated runners;
- Blasted water at runners with the ultimate summer weapon, the Nerf Super Soaker 10000;
- Provided safety support (North Shore Search and Rescue);
- Serenaded everyone with bag pipes, clarinets and a cello;
- Checked the entire course immediately before and after the race;
- Organized aid stations and cooked soup;
- Set up a banquet hall for 250 guests;
- Marshalled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Transported tables all over the North Shore;
- Captured memorable moments with several thousand shutter clicks (not kidding!), and then edited them down to a mere few-hundred;
- Create a slideshow of these thousands of photos (in under 5 hrs!) for the banquet;
- Supported and smiled throughout the heat of the day;
- Made sure everyone had a great Knee Knacker experience!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! Check out the photos here.
Thank you runners and volunteers for the moments. Until next year.
Knee Knacker Photography Crew