Runners, We’re Ready for Takeoff!
I am thrilled to confirm we are going ahead with the Knee Knacker as planned on July 11th. As of 2pm, today the Metro Vancouver NW area is currently at an air quality health index of 2 which is considered a low health risk. This is great news! As we all experienced, the air quality can change rapidly and during the day on Saturday, Enzo Federico, my Race Day RD, will continue to monitor the air quality health index. If it reaches a high risk level of 8 or more that is sustained over several hours, the race may be cancelled at this point. (How is that for motivation to finish fast!) We expect this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I wanted you to know ahead of time so that you are aware of this possibility.
As I look at the weather forecast right now, the irony of this post is it looks like we may have the most ideal weather and course conditions that we’ve seen in years!
I want to extend my sincere thanks to my rock-star committee who have adapted, juggled, danced and kept their collective sense of humour along the way. Additionally, a huge thank you to Dr. Matt White who provided invaluable data, research and access to expert opinions that allowed me to confidently make decisions about our runners’ safety. Finally, I want to extend a big thank you to Greg White, Enzo Federico, and Jeff Trigg who have been my trusted advisors this week as we worked through many different potential scenarios.
Let’s go play in the mountains!