2019 Knee Knacker race day volunteers
This is the last set of 2019 Race Day photos. It’s a photo gallery of some of the 240 Knee Knacker volunteers as they:
- Offered a New Hope to runners as they climbed the Dark Side of Black Mountain and journey forth with the words “May the course be with you”;
- Cheered and smiled despite the blanket of bugs covering Cypress Provincial Park;
- Ran Hawaiian Cleveland Dam aid station with the efficiency of a well oiled machine;
- Pumped up runners at the LSCR aid station with color, music and dance moves;
- Mobilized Hyannis M*A*S*H* unit to refresh runners with pickle juice martinis, Coke shots, cold sponge baths, freezies and other cool treats;
- Encouraged runners to keep moving by hiring a inflatable mobile Tyrannosaurus Rex to chase runners down the trail;
- Jump and jive with the eye-catching antics of the Yellow Jumpsuit Guy at Seymour Aid Station;
- Kept everyone safe (thank you, North Shore Search and Rescue!);
- Ran the entire course before, during and after the race;
- Setup and organized eleven aid stations;
- Created a pop-up Thai food truck experience for 400 guests at the “Picnic in the Park”;
- Clocked all the runners at three checkpoints;
- Marshaled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Formed a course marshal chain from Quarry Rock to Panorama Park to ask the many hikers to make way, cheer and high five tired runners as run the last 2.5kms to the finish line;
- Snapped tens of thousand images (not kidding!) and then whittled them down to a several thousand;
- Made sure everyone had a great Knee Knacker experience!
A complete list of race day and training run photo albums can be found here.
Thank you runners and volunteers for the moments. Until next year.