Trail Work Party – Sat. June 5
This year’s Knee Knacker Trail Work Party on Saturday, June 5 will take place on the Baden Powell trail near Hyannis Drive in the Blueridge area (see map below). We’ll be working under the guidance of Graham Knell, North Vancouver District Trail and Habitat Coordinator. You don’t need any special skills to help on Trail Day, just a willingness to improve the trails that we all enjoy!
Meeting Place and Time
- We’ll meet near the BP trail at Hyannis Drive and Berkley Avenue in North Vancouver. (From Mt. Seymour Parkway, turn north onto Berkley Road. Continue to the end of the road and turn left at Hyannis Drive. See also the map below.)
- Arrive between 8:30am-9am to sign in, get a brief orientation, and enjoy some muffins and coffee courtesy of sponsor Delany’s Coffee House.
- If you arrive late and we’re already gone, follow the pink flagging tape that will direct you to the worksite.
Things to Bring/What to Wear
- Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting (potentially) mucky!
- Work gloves and tools will be provided by the District, although you’re welcome to bring your own.
- Water and a light lunch/ snacks are a good idea to keep you going.
Please RSVP via the <feedback form/contact trail day co-ordinator email> by noon, Friday, June 4. Although you’re very welcome to come and help at the last minute, a RSVP will help me plan the goodies and organize the amount of work we can do on the trail.
Special Note to Chainsaw Operators
Do you have a chainsaw? If so, let me know as we could use your help. (Graham said it would be useful to have one chainsaw operator onsite.) For safety and liability reasons, you must have wear proper safety gear (face shield, etc).
Hope to see you there, and thank you for volunteering!
Knee Knacker 2010 Trail Work Party Co-ordinator