June 4 Trail Day – Work Party Details
This year’s Knee Knacker Trail Day, on Saturday, June 4 , will be on the Baden Powell trail near Hyannis Drive in the Blueridge area (see map below). We’ll be working under the guidance of Graham Knell, North Vancouver District Trail and Habitat Coordinator. You don’t need any special skills to help on Trail Day, just a willingness to improve the trails that we all enjoy!
Meeting Place and Time
- We’ll meet at the BP trailhead at Hyannis Drive and Berkley Avenue in North Vancouver. From Mt. Seymour Parkway, turn north onto Berkley Road. Continue to the end of the road and turn left at Hyannis Drive. (See the map below.)
- Arrive between 8:30am-9am to sign in, get a brief orientation and enjoy some treats.
- The work party will last three to five hours, depending on how many volunteers there are.
- Race sponsor, Delany’s Coffee House, is supplying coffee and treats.
- If you arrive late and we’re already gone, follow the trail east and listen for the sounds of busy volunteers!
What to Wear/Things to Bring
- Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting mucky!
- Work gloves and tools will be provided by the District, although you’re welcome to bring your own.
- Water and a light lunch/ snacks are a good idea to keep you going.
No RSVP is required, just show up!
Special Note to Chainsaw Operators
Do you have a chainsaw? If so, can you help? We need a chainsaw operator for the work party. Please email me by June 3 via the Contact Page (use the Feedback form and choose Trail Day Coordinator). For safety and liability reasons, you must wear safety gear when operating your chainsaw .
Hope to see you there, and thank you for volunteering!
Knee Knacker 2011 Trail Work Party Coordinator