June 23 Trail Day – elves wanted
[June 4 update – Due to an email error, the Contact Form’s Trail Day Coordinator link wasn’t working before June 1. If you emailed the Trail Day Coordinator before June 1, please resend your email as your original contact was lost in cyberspace. Our apologies for this hiccup.]
[June 2 update – We have a chainsaw operator! Thanks, Terry.]
Awesome. In a word, that’s what Knee Knacker trail elves are. They consistently come out in large groups and do amazing work. Newbies discover that trail work is fun–and not that hard–and the old goats get to share a few nuggets of knowledge. Best of all, it’s a chance for us to give back to the community. We’ll need about 30 people this year to do a “major project” on the Baden Powell Trail, east of Hyannis Drive. Here are the details:
- Date: Saturday, June 23
- Time: 8:45am-1pm (Delany’s muffins and coffee arrive by 8:30am.)
- Place: BP trailhead on Hyannis Drive at the top of Berkley Avenue
- Equipment to bring: Water, snacks, clothes you don’t mind getting muddy. Work gloves, tools, and construction materials will be supplied by the District of North Vancouver.
- Special equipment: We need one chainsaw operator, with appropriate safety gear.
- RSVP by Thursday, June 21 to the Trail Day Coordinator (Andrew Wong) via the contact form.