Training Run Photos – June 20, 2010
Thank you to the Knee Knackerers who did a mock start for Howard, one of the Start line photographer on Race day. As you climbed to Eagle Bluffs enveloped in clouds – yes, another photographer appeared out of the mist. Then as you nimbly ran, slipped, dove (one of you did literally) into the mud holes up to Black Mountain, yet another photographer documented your journey. After descending through snow remnants to Cypress Bowl, hey, it’s another photo shoot. Finally, as you navigate through the mega-tourists at Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge, is that another camera? No, it is not the paparazzi.
As y’all are in training, we are also in training. We want to capture photos showing your dedication, hard work, epic training runs, terrain, variable weather, the camaraderie and spirit of the training runs. We learnt from these training runs:
• The difficulty focusing on fast moving Knee Knackerers,
• Hmmm…. this camera and/or lens is too slow,
• Let’s try changing the shutter speed/WB/Fstop/ISO/blah blah blah…,
• Light (or lack of – especially this year),
• To keep the camera dry and take photos in torrential rains, ask a Knee Knacker friend to hold the umbrella (who else would understand?)
• Discover where the friendly mosquitoes are found and much more.
Then we will apply it all to the best to our ability on Race day. Thank you all for your support!
Below are the training run photos from June 20, 2010.
- Start line (Nelson Canyon Park) and Cypress – Howard Ryujin
- Eagle Bluffs enveloped in clouds – David McKie
- Muddy approach to Black Mountain and at Lynn Canyon – Karen Chow
Volunteer Knee Knacker Photography Team