Mr. Freezie? Mind blowing!
Several runners posted their blogs on our Facebook community page. Shockingly, not everyone is on Facebook so to help share the Knee Knacker experience, we’re posting some of the guest blogs – many from first-time Knee Knacker racers – here:
- Gary Robbins gets floored by a Mr. Freezie.
- Mike Murphy lays it all on the line for a new course Masters record.
- Nick Elson enjoyed the climb up to Eagle Bluffs. The cramping during the last quarter? Not so much.
- Jeff Pelletier finishes his first Knacker. It won’t be his last.
- Solana Klassen. Flat cola or hugs? Both are energy boosters.
- Joshua Weiss fights through the darkness and comes out the other side.
- David Parkin and his diary of a running man.
- North Shore Rescue provided safety coverage for the race. As always, we’re extremely grateful for their support to help keep everyone safe. (Side note: The 2013 Knee Knacker fundraising campaign for North Shore Rescue will be open until July 31.)
- The Oatmeal: The terrible and wonderful reasons why I run long distances. This blog has been circulating on the blogosphere and it’s worth sharing, if only to make you consider why you run. Whether enlightened or banal, it’s all good.