2023 Knee Knacker race day volunteers
This is the last set of 2023 Race Day photos. It’s a photo gallery of some of the 215 Knee Knacker volunteers as they:
- Clucked, mooed and roared while offering refreshments to runners after they climbed Blackzoo Mountain;
- Cheered and smiled despite the abundant of bugs covering Eagle Bluffs, Blackzoo Mountain, Cypress checkpoint aid station and Hollyburn aid station;
- Ran Cleveland Dam checkpoint and aid station with the efficiency of a well oiled machine;
- Fueled, cooled and cheered runners at the LSCR pyjama party checkpoint and aid station,
- Drenched cool sponge baths at Hyannis aid station to rejuvenate runners for the Seymour Grind;
- Set up key aid stations at Skyline, Mountain Highway and Mt Seymour;
- Kept everyone safe (thank you, North Shore Search and Rescue!);
- Swept the entire course before, during and after the race;
- Redirected the runners around the detours at Brothers Creek and Skyline;
- Supplied, set up and organized ten aid stations;
- Motivated hikers and tourists hiking to Quarry Rock to cheer runners heading to the finish;
- Created a pop-up Pizza food truck experience and beer garden for runners, volunteers and guests at the “Picnic in the Park”;
- Clocked all the runners at four checkpoints;
- Marshaled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Snapped tens of thousand images (not kidding!) and then whittled them down to a several thousand;
- Made sure everyone had a great Knee Knacker experience!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! Check out the volunteer photos in this photo album.
A complete list of race day and training run photo albums can be found here.
Thank you runners and volunteers for the moments. Until next year.