Race day photos of the 2017 Knee Knacker volunteers
This is the last set of 2017 Race Day photos. It’s a photo gallery of some of the 228 Knee Knacker volunteers as they:
- Provide a Bavarian feast with refreshments on top of Black Mt Biergarten;
- Cheered and smiled despite the blanket of bugs covering Cypress Provincial Park;
- Ran Cleveland Dam aid station with the efficiency of a well oiled machine;
- Decked LSCR and its crew with Hawaiian decor;
- Opened KK Saloon at Hyannis with cowboys and gals so runners could be refreshed with cold sponge baths, blue freezies and other cool treats;
- Kept everyone safe (thank you, North Shore Search and Rescue!);
- Ran the entire course before, during and after the race;
- Setup and organized eleven aid stations;
- Created a pop-up dining experience for 400 guests at the “Picnic in the Park”;
- Clocked all the runners at three checkpoints;
- Marshalled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Formed a course marshal chain from Quarry Rock to Panorama Park to ask the many hikers to make way, cheer and high five tired runners as they ran the last 2.5kms to the finish line
- Snapped tens of thousands images (not kidding!) and then whittled them down to a several thousand;
- Posted a record number of race day photos and videos;
- Made sure everyone had a great Knee Knacker experience!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! Check out the volunteer photo album.
Thank you runners and volunteers for the moments. Until next year.
Knee Knacker Photography Crew
Note: The proceeds of all photo purchase are donated to North Shore Search and Rescue. Each photo is a digital download (without the KKNSTR watermark) for $1CAD. Each video is a digital download for $2CAD